Here in northern Dalarna you can enjoy trekking in the mountains (or fjälls), fresh mountain air, and the spectactular nature. There are summer activities in Dalarna for the most adventurous to the visitor looking for a more peaceful and quiet holiday.
As a guest of the hotel we offer you free use of games such as badminton, boule and various other outdoor games. A few canoes and bicycles are also available , just ask in reception. Electric bikes can be rented as well as a boat on a trailer complete with oars and an outboard motor.
Don’t forget the simple enjoyment of just ‘being here’. Bring a good book and sit at one of our seats with a view. Walk into the nearby forest, pick berries and just savour being on holiday at Knappgården.
OUR BEST TIPS ON SUMMER ACTIVITIES IN DALARNA:
- Walk in fjälls and forests.
- Fjäll golf at Idre Golf course, which is one of Sweden’s most beautiful golf courses. Read more about it on idregolf.se.
- Climb Städjan, the iconic mountain for northern Dalarna. It is a comparatively easy mountain to reach and walk and when you get to the top you are 1131 meters above sea level.
- Drive on Nipfjällst, Sweden’s highest road and experience the magic of Trollvägen ( Troll road).
- Fish , swim and paddle a conoe. Särnsjön is close to the hotel. We sell both fishing permits and fishing maps.
- Visit Lomkällan , a Forest and Defence museum located between the hotel and Särna. More information in the reception of Lomkällan.
- Särna Local History Society (Särna hembygdsförening).
- Visit Fulufjällets National Park with ‘Old Tjikko’, the oldest tree in the world and Njupeskär Sweden’s highest water fall . Read more about Fulufjället National Park.
- Visit the kennels of huskies see polar-passion.se or sledding.se
For more recommendations of local activites and tourist attractions please see us in reception and we will tell you more and provide suggestions, maps and brochures.
HERE YOU FIND MORE PAGES WITH SUGGESTIONS FOR WALK AND ATTRACTIONS IN THE AREA: