WINTER ACTIVITIES IN DALARNA
Here at Särnaheden you really can enjoy a proper winter! There is lots to do in and around the immidiate vicinity and you also have fun and adrealine filled winter activities around the corner.
Put you booths into cross country skiis and you can start skiing straight from the hotel door. You are free to use the snow mobile tracks, but there are prepared ski tracks usually from the end of January from Särnaheden to Särna.
Several snow mobile tracks cross at Särnaheden and you can park your snow mobile outside your bedroom window. Borrow a ‘kick’ , toboggan or snow shoes and enjoy snow and winter. In the evenings you can relax using our games room or luxuriate in a warming sauna. It is of course OK to just enjoy staying at Knappgården and its surroundings.
HERE ARE SOME OF OUR PERSONAL FAVOURITES FOR WINTER ACTIVITIES IN DALARNA:
- Skiing alpine, cross country, telemark and Nordic skiing at Idre Fjäll, Fjätervålen and Idre Himmelfjäll is about 30 mins by car from here. Mickeltemplet in Särna offers evening ‘lit’ skiing on a smaller slope.
- Prepared ski tracks for Nordic skiing are found at all the the alpine ski resorts and at Kringelfjorden’s holiday village about 4 km from Knappgården. We also usually have tracks from Knappgården itself.
- For dog sledding Adventure Dreams do tours at Idre Fjäll or book with Ulrika at Sälens Hund & aktivitet, sledding.se. Ulrika does tours from Stöten and Kläppen in Sälen, but will sometimes come closer for a tour as she lives in Hållbovallen 20 km or so km south of Särna. Longer tours with overnight can also be arranged . Fjälläventyr in Sälen also arrange longer dog sledding , some with sleep-over at Fulufjället. In Särna Nicolas does dog sledding see polar-passion.se.
- For snow mobile safari with guide book a guided tour with idreadventure, skoteraventyr.se or sarnaskoteraventyr.se
- Snow moblie rentals: Stefan Wall in Särna 073-0855602, Vidar Ås in Nornäs +4792265119 and Idreskoter. See more about the tracks you may use at Knappgården with Sond.se
- Ice fishing on the nearby lakes. We will lend you the right equipment. We sell fishing permits.
- Fulufjället National Park, see Swedens highest ice sculpture – Njupeskär waterfall.
- For horse drawn sledge rides contact Lena and Pierre in Östomsjön, Särna tel 070-5544902
- For more recommendations regarding local winter activities and places to see in Dalarna we are always ready with suggestions, maps and brochures.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]